Since my computer starts up extremely slowly(takes more than 5 minutes), I decide to use UniOptimizer to find what happened to my computer. The scanning result is astonishing: I got 1577 registry errors(although I think there must be some errors in the registry, I do not expect so much errors). The 1010 activeX problems are also out of expectation. The large number of junk files are mainly temporary internet files which I wonder why were not deleted when I used the clean history function of the browser. No doubt my computer starts up so slowly.
scan result using UniOptimizer
UniOptimizer is an all-in-one PC optimization tool. Its functionalities are classified into 7 categories: Clean, Repair,Optimize,Security,Update,Backup, and Tools. Every category includes several sub-modules.
Registry Cleaner: Optimizes and fixes your system by removing invalid registry errors.
Scannable registry objects:ActiveX,OLE,COM Entries;Shared Programs;File Extensions;System Software Settings;Startup Programs;Windows Fonts;Sounds and App Events;Application Paths;Files and Folders;MRU and History Lists;File Associations;Obsolete Software;Help Files Information;System Services;Empty Registry Keys
JunkFile Cleaner:Remove junk file to free up disk space and improve system performance.
junk file cleaner
Evidence Cleaner: Delete history records to protect your personal information.
Duplicate Cleaner: Delete history records to protect your personal information.
Shortcuts Cleaner: Remove invalid shortcuts allows you to immediately find and access your files.
Windows Repair:Restore your Windows default settings and repair error utility to instantly boost your PC performance. Specifically:
- Enable Start/Run dialog
- Enable typing local address in Address Bar
- Enable using Windows Registry Editor
- Enable using Task Manager in Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Enable saving setting when log off
- Show Properties for the context menu on My Computer
- Show Properties for the context menu on My Documents
- Enable changing My Documents path
- Enable changing My Picture path
- Enable changing My Music path
- Enable changing My Favorites path
- Enable using DOS programs
- Enable using wallpaper
- Enable using Control Panel
- Enable drives in My Computer
- Show Log off menu in StartMenu
- Show File Menu in Windows Explorer
- Show icons on desktop
- Enable using Folder Options
- Show Search button
- Enable right clicking in Windows Explorer and System Tray
- Display hidden files
- Enable File menu submenus in Internet Explorer
- Enable View menu submenus in Internet Explorer
- Enable Favorites menu submenus in Internet Explorer
- Enable Help menu submenus in Internet Explorer
- Restore the title of Internet Explorer to “Microsoft Internet Explorer”
- Restore the homepage to “about:bank”
- Restore the default search settings
- Enable right clicking in Internet Explorer
- Enable downloading with Internet Explorer
- Enable setting the downloading destination path
- Enable costuming Internet Explorer toolbar
IE Repair: Restore IE default settings to keep browser secure and faster.Not occasionaly, your IE home page is changed to a strange website after you install a software or browse an evil website.You can use this function to change the home page back to the original one.
The following are the IE settings you can restore.
- Start Page
- Search Page
- Default Page URL
- Local Page
- Search Bar
- Default Search URL
- Start Page (all users)
- Search Page (all users)
- Default Page URL (all users)
- Local Page (all users)
- Search Bar (all users)
- Default Search URL (all users)
- Customize Search (all users)
- Search Assistant (all users)
- Search URL
- Search URL (all users)
- Blank Page
- Desktop Navigation Failure
- Navigation Canceled
- Navigation Failure
- Offline Information
- Post Not Cached
System Repair: Repair system components to improvesystem performance. Specifically:
- Enable Folder Options
- Enable File Menu Options
- Enable Task Manager
- Enable Opening Mode
- Repair Registry Editor
- Repair Command-line Prompt
- Repair the Seizure of Document Image
- Disable Disk Autorun
Shortcuts Repair: Repair invalid and broken shortcuts to improve system and application performance.
FileAssoc Repair: Repair broken file association to avoid future system crashing.
System Optimizer: System Optimizer will automatically optimize your system with the pre-settings of the optimization model that you can choose below.
- Windows Default:Reset to Windows default services.
- Campus Model:According to the circumstance of campus network, close some useless services, including printing service,terminal service, infrared device support, and wireless network support, but still remain Windows XP integrated firewall, and Network File sharing. This model is suitable for campus users to do some common actions such as browsing website, playing game, playing video file, sharing documents, and processing documents.
- Internet Cafe Model: According to the requirement of Internet Cafe, close lots of infrequently used servers, including printing service,
- terminal service, infrared device support, wireless network support, windows online update, Windows integrated.
- Office Model:Close a few services based on Windows default services, including terminal service, infrared device support,and wireless network support, but still remain Microsoft Networks File and Printer Sharing Service, Windows XP integrated firewall, and some compatible services. Besides supporting all functions of home-usage, it also makes system work fine during office and developing circumstance.
- Notebook Model:Close a few services based on Windows default services. Because most of the notebooks are used in office, it additionally opens wireless network and infrared device support based on Office PC Optimization Model. This is the most recommended model for most of notebook users. The system processes take up about 70M after the first installation of this model.
- Home Model:Close a few services that were infrequently used based on Windows XP default services, including printing service, computer browsing service, network file sharing, terminal service and infrared device support.
Memory Optimizer: Free up memory usage to stop application freezing and improve system response time.
Application Optimizer: Optimize RAM I/O and application settings to improve system performance.
You can adjust the following settings:
- Disk Input and Output Buffer Size
- Menu Pop-up Speed
- Windows Automatically Stop Uncorresponding Applications
Desktop Optimizer: Optimize desktop settings to improve system performance.
The adjustable settings are:
- Start Menu Speed
- Desktop Icon Cache 500KB (Windows Default)
- Disable menu animation
- Disable Start Menu animation prompt
- Disable smooth scrolling effect
- Turn off animation effect sush as Windows display
- Accelerate Windows refresh rate
- Create independent process for Desktop
Internet Optimizer: Maximize Internet settings to get faster Internet services.
You can choose a Internet Mode from:Modem,ISDN,xDSL(HDSL,ADSL,VDSL),ADSL,Cable Modem,LAN Broadband,Other. you can set Maximum Transmission Unit,Maximum Data Length,Transmission Unit Buffer, and Default Packet Life (ISDN/PPoE/Lan Broadband/ADSL). Other settings include:
- Maximum IE Threads
- Speed Up LAN Browsing
- Enable the Maximum Unit, Black Hole Detection and Auto-Adjust Transmission Unit
- Increase the Detection Ability of IE
- Optimize the Interval Time of WINS Name Query
- Enable Load Balancing with Mulit-Network Adapter
- Enhance Network Throughput
Bad ActiveX Repair: Block malicious ActiveX and improve system security.
bad activex repair
File Shredder: Delete sensitive files beyond recovery.
Windows Update: Update Windows to improve its performance, security and stability.
System Restore: Easy to restore your system by using system restore point.
Registry Backup: Restore you system to previous working state by using registry backup.
Favorites Backup: Back up you Favorites to avoid your favorite websites missing.
Driver Backup: Easy to restore device drivers if uninstalled by accident.
- Disk Defragger
- BHO Manager
- Uninstall Manager
- Startup Manager: Choose which programs you wish to launch at the Windows startup.
- System Maintenance
Here you can find big discount coupons to purchase UniOptimizer: